WL 7SP6 upgrade won't run on Windows 2003
Joop
2005-08-31 05:14:52 UTC
The Upgrader to bring WL7 to SP6 level won't run on Windows 2003, it
causes a crash in a javaw.exe, with the following error message in the
Application Event log:

Faulting application javaw.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module
jvm.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000bc228.

Is there any workaround for this?
a***@gmail.com
2005-08-31 13:12:12 UTC
Make sure you have the reqd JVM. Check Bea's site for min. requirements.
Joop
2005-08-31 17:07:26 UTC
I do, I am just not sure whether the .exe file uses an existing JVM or
whether it uses its own enclosed JDK JVM (1.3.1_14, which is not
supported for Win2003)
a***@gmail.com
2005-09-01 13:32:50 UTC
Check your startup scripts. At the time of domain configuration, the
setup guide will ask for the JVM to use. If you went with the default
then you are probably using JRockit.
If you dont remember what you selected, check your startup scripts,
common scripts etc
Joop
2005-09-01 21:39:10 UTC
The problem was apparently the Sun jdk131_14 that was bundled with the
upgrade executable. I managed to save the expanded kit before it
cleaned itself up, and substitue the jRockit SDK. This allowed the
installation to run properly. Problem solved..